Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Thanks Giving...a laugh for the holiday

I just so happened to check an old email address that I rarely use and came across this funny note just in time to share for the holiday. I hope that you enjoy.

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a badattitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird'smouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and triedto change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words,playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" thebird's vocabulary. Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelledback. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder.In desperation, John threw up his hands, grabbed the bird and put him inthe freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Thensuddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to thefreezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said, "Ibelieve I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'msincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fullyintend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivablebehavior." John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As hewas about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in hisbehavior, when the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No comments: